What’s New? Materials and Tech that Expedite Excellence
Friday, April 12
2 - 5 PM
3 CDE Credits – DDS, DH, DA, AUX
ABOUT THE COURSE
With a constant stream of new products that claim to be bigger, better, faster flooding the industry, it is challenging to know which are effective and efficient. As editorial director with Dental Economics magazine, Dr. Joshua Austin authors the column “Pearls for Your Practice” and has personally worked with most new products and technologies that have entered the market. In this course, he shares the current trends in dental materials and technologies. Learn how materials have changed over the past few years and how those changes can affect your procedures and practice.
This session will enable participants to:
- Illuminate growing trends and discover the best new products and innovations on the market.
- Explore the impact new products/technologies have on the practice's bottom line.
- Gain a formula for assessing time savings vs. financial output in your purchasing decisions.
- Analyze how bulk fill posterior composties compare to their traditional counterparts.
- Discuss time-saving placement techniques for bulk fill posterior compostires.
- Review universal adhesives and their advantages.
- Explore the three etching techniques and learn when each are appropriate.
- Review current cements and identify which classes are superior.
- Discuss when luting is an appropriate choice instead of bonding.
- Explore many other products and items that can make your life easier and your dentistry faster.
Joshua Austin, D.D.S., M.A.G.D.
Joshua Austin, DDS maintains a full time restorative dentistry practice in San Antonio, Texas. He is an editorial director and monthly columnist for Dental Economics magazine focusing on dental products and technology. Dr. Austin lectures around the country to study clubs and dental meetings about these topics along with digital marketing and mental health. Dr. Austin is a graduate of the UT Health School of Dentistry and spent five years post graduation in the Department of Restorative Dentistry. Conflict of Interest: Affiliation: Align Technology; Consultant: 3M, Ivoclar, GC America, Colgate