The 33rd Annual Dr. Peter Fedi Periodontics Lecture: “Prosthetically-Driven Implant Site Development - A Periodontal Plastic Surgeon's Perspective”
Thursday, April 11
10:45 AM - 12:15 PM
1.5 CDE Credits – DDS, DH, DA
ABOUT THE COURSE
There are many surgical choices a clinician may have to discuss with their patients regarding the goal of Implant Site Development using the principles of Guided Bone Regeneration (GBR). The techniques and clinical situations can vary from straightforward, single tooth to complex (ITI SAC), multiple teeth, when there is lack of bone in either a horizontal, vertical or in both dimensions. Dr. Robert Levine will cover Implant Site Development techniques with well-documented cases with long-term CBCT follow-up. Levine will also discuss the importance of both analog and virtually planned/fabricated surgical guide templates.
This session will enable participants to:
- Review the various surgical techniques and goals of Implant Site Development using a prosthetically-driven approach for alveolar ridge reconstruction with their benefits and limitations.
- Discuss the benefits of the use of various bone grafting materials (allograft vs. xenograft) and biologic modifiers.
- Discuss autogenous CTGs and soft tissue alternatives used for Phenotype Modification.
- Understand virtual CBCT implant planning for analog and guided implant surgical placement as part of the team approach.
- Review the importance of thoroughly documenting your cases for the benefit of your patients and for continuing the “raising of the bar” personally.
Robert Levine, D.D.S., M.A.G.D.
Dr. Levine is a Clinical Professor in Post-Graduate Periodontics and Dental Implantology at the Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry and has clinical teaching positions at the University of North Carolina, University of Illinois, and University of Pittsburgh. He maintained a full-time private practice at the Pennsylvania Center for Dental Implants and Periodontics for over 35 years. He is a graduate from Temple University School of Dentistry and received his post-grad certificate in Periodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Levine is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology, Fellow of the International Team for Implantology, a member of the US ITI Section Leadership Team and its incoming Chair in 2024. He also is a Fellow, and current President of the International Society of Periodontal Plastic Surgeons, and is a Diplomate, and a Board of Director of the Academy of Osseointegration. Dr. Levine has authored over 100 publications and 5 book chapters. Conflict of interest: Geistlich, NA, Straumann, I.T.I.