The 31st Annual Dr. Robert Allen Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Lecture: Keep the Lawyers Away: A Potpourri of Hot Topics - Part 2
Thursday, April 11
2 - 5 PM
3 CDE Credits – DDS, DH, DA, AUX
ABOUT THE COURSE
Being sued is stressful and time consuming. This one-day lecture series will cover four critical areas where there is increased medicolegal and/or media scrutiny. The format will be interactive and case-based with discussion.
The topics covered in Part 2 will include:
- Everything you need to know about trigeminal nerve injuries
- Think You Know Everything about Red and White Lesions? Think again!
This session will enable participants to:
- Understand how to perform a comprehensive trigeminal nerve examination for lingual and inferior alveolar nerve injuries
- Understand when and who to refer to
- Understand the latest data on dysplasia and high risk lesions
- Understand which patient should be follow and for how long
Jasjit Dillon, M.B.B.S., D.D.S., FDSRCS, FACS
Jasjit (Jas) Kaur Dillon is Professor, Chief and Program Director of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center where she has a busy oncology, trauma and reconstructive practice.
She is a member of the Royal College of Surgeons, England, the American College of Surgeons and is a past examiner for the American Board of OMS.
She is currently the section editor for Pathology for the Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and has over 95 peer reviewed scientific publications and book chapters. She have given over 200 lectures nationally and internationally and is the recipient of two major studying medication related osteonecrosis of the jaws. Conflict of Interest: None