It's Not You. It's Your Saliva
Friday, April 12
9 AM - Noon
3 CDE Credits – DDS, DH, DA
ABOUT THE COURSE
It can be highly discouraging when patients continue to have cavities despite improvements in their oral health. This can disrupt their oral health philosophy and create the belief that cavaties are normal for them. Dental hygienists have the unique opportunity to identify each patient’s specific risks and provide treatment recommendations accordingly. The best way to do this is through salivary pH testing, specifically because the pH of our patient’s saliva plays a vital role in their oral cavity’s hard and soft tissue health status.
This session will enable participants to:
- Review how the pH of the mouth influences soft and hard tissue oral diseases.
- Discover powerful communication skills to increase the patient’s ownership of their current oral health.
- Evaluate pH testing for your office and how to implement it into a patient’s preventive visits, and compare salivary tests to test periodontal pathogens.
- Determine how the oral microbiome is trained for optimal health.
- Identify the link between an imbalanced oral microbiome and systemic health.
Amber Auger, M.P.H., R.D.H.
Amber Auger, MPH, RDH, specializes in treating dental dysbiosis while guiding hygienists in clinical confidence, time management, and patient-specific protocols. Recognized with the prestigious 2019 Sunstar award of Distinction, Amber is also the Editorial Director of the RDH Graduate newsletter and the host of #AskAmberRDH.
Through her acclaimed Functional RDH® certification, on-demand courses, and weekly coaching sessions, Amber enriches the dental hygiene community with a root-cause approach to dental treatment.
Follow Amber on Instagram at @amberaugerrdh or contact her at email@example.com. Conflict of Interest: Consultant for RDH Magazine