Change your Thoughts and Improve Your Outcomes: An Update on Protocols, Products and Treatment Options
Friday, April 22
9 AM - 12:30 PM
3 CDE Credits – DDS, DH, DA
About the Course
Updated protocols assist us in determining our patients’ specific needs. As we move toward a more collaborative profession, we need to embrace these updates to identify those needs. New advances in products and technology and their use in dentistry constantly challenge us, and we need information to determine when and how to add them into our armamentaria. As professionals providing health services, our perception of product use along with protocols needs to be discussed with our team as well as the interdisciplinary referrals we have. The process of care (assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, implementation, evaluation and documentation) requires a comprehension of protocols, products and treatment options and how they are to be used.
This session will enable participants to:
• Modify diagnosis assistance with the team and rationale for changes in assessment forms and diagnostic tools
• Distinguish which new-to-market products should be brought into your practice
• Integrate materials and products for a variety of uses in the dental office from infection control, dental hygiene therapy, oral cancer screening, patient communication and instrumentation
• Develop effective communication with patients and assist in the business of the dental practice
• Formulate strategies that incorporate efficiency in patient treatment for more productive scheduling
Tricia Osuna, RDH, BSDH, FAADH
Tricia Osuna, RDH, BSDH, FAADH, a University of Southern California graduate and Past President of the American Academy of Dental Hygiene and California Dental Hygienists’ Association. Tricia has 43 years as a dental hygienist, many of those years as a clinician, and shares this with her audiences in a humorous and enlightening presentation experience. She’s a lifelong CDHA/ADHA member and previous member of the Dental Board of California. She is licensed in California and New York, and her experiences traverse the dental hygiene arena in a unique way, spanning roles including consultant, clinician, educator, international presenter, author, mentor and owner of Professional Insights Inc.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.